Saturday, 11 October 2008

a 45-minute wait ... :(



It was barely 6 pm, but we were told it'd be a 45-minute wait for that pot of claypot chicken rice! Sigh. But waited we did anyway, at the Margaret Drive food centre ... perhaps we can eat something else next time ...


We heard that some had called to order in advance ... hmm, perhaps we could next time too.



2 comments:

Photosophize [ 影.像.物语 ] said...

Looked Yummy!

Claypot rice usually have to wait very long as they start cooking only when order comes in and raw rice cooking times take the bulk of the cooking time. You should have taken their number so that you can order in advance before you go next time.

We usually go to the one at Golden Mile Hawker Centre Level 2 which is always very packed, but of course there are nicer one at Chinatown which I have never tried before. We usually take-away the claypot rice, but will also call to order first.

Then again, I feel that the wait is worth it. I especially love the tender chicken pieces, the slightly burnt rice which gave a smoky flavour and some crispy texture to the dish. Each mouthful of rice has this complex, but yet subtle aroma of the Chinese Sausage, salted fish, chicken etc which I think is harmoniously delicious.

:P Yum.

cloudmuse said...

Yah, it was! :D We did take the phone number!